Saturday, January 16, 2010

Forgivness

The rain is lightly batheing everything that the cruel freeze of two weeks tortured & browned, as if asking forgivness.  For many things it's too late.  Some of the plants are probably gone for good, but some, the rosemarys, lavender, irises and azaleas are reaching tall and appear to be saying "yes, yes we forgive".

It is quite mild today.  The themometer registers 54 degrees on the carport and compared to the past few weeks it feels warm..  The space heaters are unplugged and the thermostat for the furnace is set very low so as not to kick in.  The back door is open and the clean smell of rain is replacing the stale smell of a closed up house filled with animals and illness.

I'm still in bed with 2 dogs and an asmaticly purring cat.  My temperature isn't as high as it's been the past few days, but perhaps running a fever is contributing to the feeling of warmth today.

I'm longing for ginger ale.  I feel well enough that I could go out and get it, but as long as I have a fever I could infect someone.  That's probably how I got this, someone trying to take care of themself and not thinking about passing it on to someone else.  I know that Leah Jane would go out in this mess for me, but she's 75 years old and I can't ask that of her.  My sister would bring me whateve I need, but I can't have her drive from Tallahassee in this messy weather for ginger ale!

I think I'll make a pitcher of sweet tea.  That should slake this yearning.  We'll see.

No comments: