Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another Mother visit

Yesterday after work I headed to Tallahassee for a visit with Mother. Once more she was waiting in the common area for her aide to take her in for her nap. She was again quite calm and rather lucid. She said it was lucky I got there when I did because had I been later I'd have missed her. Asked where she was going and she said "home", but not to stay, just to visit. Asked her how she was going to get there and she said her "partner" was taking her. Asked if she meant Bert and she said "no", it was her aide she was talking about. Asked if Bert knew she was going there and she said "no". She had all of the details worked out in her head and said if Bert wasn't home she'd just wait outside until he showed up...and that she wasn't taking her clothes, but would be coming back to "here". Then she said she'd probably stay a few days as she thought the trip would be hard on her. When I told her it was only 5-6 miles to the house she got a little agitated. I don't know, but I imagine she had forgotten all about it when she woke from her nap. We visited for about 30 minutes before her aide came and got her.

Bert told us a week or so ago that Uncle Buddy was coming to see Mother this coming weekend. Neither Nancy nor I have heard any more about it.

This coming Friday the Methodist Church in Waukeenah is having a fish fry. Nancy and I plan to go! Last year it was just wonderful and we are anticipating yet another feast! (we are taking plastic baggies!!!)

The puppies are just awful. One of them chewed on the door frame between the dining room and back hall yesterday. I coated it with hot sauce. Hope that works. If it does I guess I just buy a giant supply and a sprayer and douse the entire house, furniture and yard. It's worth a try!

HWB and his wife and family were named Jefferson County Farm Family of the year! Didn't know they farmed!

A little while ago I checked the temperature and it was 73 degrees! Absolutely wonderful!

No comments: