Sunday, September 14, 2008

Birthday at the Seinyard

Yesterday Nancy, Bert and I went to the Seinyard to celebrate my birthday that was several weeks ago. It just wasn't the same without Mother...in fact it really was quite sad. As always, the food was wonderful and ample and I brought a ton home. There's probably three good eatings in that box in the refrigerator.

Years ago the coffee with the best brand recognition and the coffee of choice for most folks was Maxwell House. When I was given the choice of so many brands I tried them and settled down with some that met my taste and never went back to Maxwell House. A few weeks ago Publix had Maxwell House on sale 2 for $5.00 and, being the frugal shopper that I am, I couldn't resist such a deal.

Well, I now remember why I never went back. I don't like Maxwell House. It smells awful while pouring, tastes bad and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth after drinking. I'm wondering if those folks ever try their competition. They should!

It's horrible what damage Ike did to Texas! Those folks are really in a mess. Nancy and I were talking earlier this morning about what we'd do if a storm of that magnitude headed this way. We are about 25-30 miles closer to the Gulf of Mexico than Houston is and just look at what happened there. Can't you see me evacuating in my little Honda with 7 animals! It'd be a wild ride!

I was planning to make brownies with a coconut/pecan frosting for the storm, but since Ike headed the other way I didn't. Maybe I'll make them and take them to work tomorrow. Or not.

No comments: