Sunday, September 21, 2008

And Autumn Begins!

Tomorrow is the first day of Autumn!!!!! We are feeling the vaguest hint of Fall in the air...the humidity is lower, the temperature is lower and the air smells different. The dogwood trees are turning and other trees have that russet hue that promises more of the same! I LOVE FALL!!!

I visited Mother on Tuesday. She was in the common area waiting her turn to be put down for a nap. As soon as I sat down with her she asked if I would be upset when her aide came to get her. Of course I said no. We had about a 15 min. visit before it was her turn. She seemed very ready for a nap.

Mother's roommate, Stella, died last weekend. Mother didn't mention it. I don't think she knows. She has a new roommate, but I haven't met her yet.

I had jury duty Wednesday. Because of the evidence, or lack of actually, our verdict was "not guilty". We didn't reach a verdict until 5:15 that afternoon and by the time I got home at 20 till 6 my phone was ringing with a call from the judge's mother. That bothered me.

Nancy and I had breakfast at the Village Inn yesterday and then shopped at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They were having a wonderful sale. I got shelves to put on the side porch in the hopes of clearing out the last of the mess from the living room, funny room and dining room. I got home around 11AM.

It took me a little while to put the shelves together and fit them in on the porch, but it was well worth the effort! I can see the tops of tables in all three rooms! Yeah!! It's not completely done yet, but I plan to finish today. I moved the dry cat food from the back hall to the kitchen. Poor Goodness is really unhappy about that and acts confused. He'll adjust but not happily.

Survivor starts Thursday!!!!! Biggest Loser started last Tuesday and The Amazing Race starts next Sunday! Finally!!!

No comments: