Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New hairdo

Saturday I was transformed...well, at least my hair was. I now have white-blond hair with dark blond roots and it's rather "punk"...sticks up in lots of places. It's a fun do and elicits lots of comments. Nancy and I went to the Seinyard for lunch after I got it done and people sure looked! Nancy liked it so much that she's going to get hers done like it this Saturday!

After lunch we went to a really special nursery, "Just Fruit and Exotics". We didn't have enough hours to see everything. Nancy bought a pear tree and I bought a banana, a couple of pepper plants and some seeds. We'll go back!

The puppies are growing up! They are just as bad as ever, but are hitting the puppy paper most of the time or going outside to potty. Hope this gets better and better!

Mother has her good days and bad ones. Saturday after we finished our running around Nancy got a call from the center Mother's in. It seems she's learned how to propel her wheel chair with her feet and was running from outside door to outside door opening them and setting off the alarms. Nancy fixed that by putting the breaks on...simple fix, you'd think the staff there would have thought of that! She was also hitting and scratching and spitting. That's our momma!

Today a young fellow is coming to do some major clean up on my yard. He's going to get the dead wood out of my trees and hedges, remove some plants and till me a garden. How exciting! This is mighty late to be putting in a garden, but better late than never!

No comments: