Monday, August 13, 2007

Another tale of Mother

I got a phone call a little before 7 Saturday morning. It was my sister. She and Mother were going car shopping, but Bert called her and said Mother couldn't go, she had fallen and her back was giving her fits. So I dashed to Tallahassee and Nancy and I went to see how she was doing. The way it had sounded to Nancy we thought that Mother should get x-rayed at least, but Bert said she didn't need it. I took her some Icy-Hot patched and Bert had just gotten her some Alieve (sp?).

Well, Mother gave Nancy her checkbook and off we went to the Honda dealership. Three and a half hours and one trade-in later we drove off in a pretty little new Honda Civic (for Nancy).

We stopped and had lunch at Cedar River and went on over to return the checkbook and to check on Mother. Well, miracle of miracle, Mother was up and dressed and wanted to go out for lunch. Of course we didn't as we had just eaten, but they went ahead and went out.

By the time we got back to Nancy's house it was raining. I drove home in a major storm with fingers of lightening on the road in front of me all the way home.

Mother called shortly after I got home and was soooo much better. In fact she was getting ready for them to go to a cocktail party. She does heal fast.

We're getting rain a little more often than we were earlier this year, but the weather map is still showing the entire region in a severe drought.

No comments: