Thursday, November 06, 2008

The beginning of the weekend!

Thank goodness it's Thursday! For the past few months my weekend has begun on Thursday and it's Wonderful!!! No big plans for my 4 days, just house stuff and yard stuff and dog stuff...and all that stuff is actually never ending!

The main thing I'd like to do this weekend is work on a painting. We'll see.

Monday I went to see Mother. She's still banished from the main dining room and I found her finishing up her dessert in the "bad girl" room. She was happy to see me and liked the pictures I took her. Also took her a couple of lemon drops, they weren't particularly welcomed, not chocolate.

Left there, found gas for $2.25!, ran to Publix and then got my hair cut next door. It was my regular fellow and this was my first cut since he disappeared for 6 weeks this summer (I had a stranger cut it then) and I'm not so thrilled with the cut. It actually seems to have no shape and all of the frosting is gone and it's just a dark blob sitting on the top of my head. Not sure what I'll do with it, but I'm sure I'll take the scissors to it...maybe try to color it, too!

Got a flu shot at CVS on Tuesday. I called my doctor's office and they are charging $40, CVS charged $30. Found out later that the health department is charging $20! Should've gone there. I'm not sure why insurance doesn't cover the shots. Doesn't make sense to me.

Yesterday I changed out all of the files for TLS's year-end. This morning my shot arm is aching, not sure if it's the repeated lifting and moving of the files or if it's the shot. Maybe it's a combo.

We've gone 2 days of no poop in the house!!!! I'm afraid to mention it, don't want to jinx anything! However, I'm afraid the sofa is history. I was watching tv the other night and my nose cleared just enough that I wished it hadn't. The smell in the room was awful and I finally tracked it down to the sofa. I have Febrezed and vacuumed to no avail. Not sure what to do other than get it out of the house! Damn!

The election on Tuesday night was record setting in so many ways. The number of young people registering and voting for the first time was astonishing! Good for them! I do hope they maintain an active interest in issues and continue to play an active part in shaping the country they will be inheriting in a very short time. The numbers of voters turning out all over the country was awesome! It will be the best thing for the future of our country if all of our citizens stay informed and active in the power of the vote!

We had a very gracious winner and a very gracious loser. Both men were facing a mountainous task and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them had a small sense of relief and one a twinge of what now?!

Oh no! Quiet puppies!

No comments: