Thursday, July 03, 2008

A really good visit

ETC and husband and 2 children (my grands) visited today!!! Both of the children are as smart as a whip and so precious. Needless to say, ETC and hubby, too, both look great. It's so interesting to see a very grown up daughter with both her poise and wits about her, who enjoys what she doing so much! I guess most parents do, but I have little snapshots of all of my children, as children, all stored in my head that from time to time do a slide show presentation. When I see the children all grown up I'm often surprised, it happened so quickly!

You know how I fret when someone's coming over (even Nancy). Well, I've known about this visit for several days and every day I've worked at certain projects, trying to get this place under control, it didn't quite work, but I did vacuum and really worked on the sofa and got my old computer out of the dining room (it's in the guest room now) and, you know, just put things away and such. Well, anyway, I didn't vacuum until this afternoon. Had things looking okay, sofa wise, until the puppies wallered in their mud pit and bounded into the house and onto their sofa. I wiped both the sofa and the puppies down, but I'm afraid it didn't help too much, there are a couple of large muddy paw prints on the toss pillows on the sofa and the cushions feel quite gritty.

The dogs were just awful while they were here! Finally we ended up outside with Maggie in the house. It calmed right down. I do think I'm going to have to take her to the humane society (as much as I hate to do it). She just too rambuncious for me and for the size of the house. She's a sweety and I've tried to find her a home, I've even passed out pictures of her, just no takers. But, tonight along with last night, just pointed out what a disruptive force she is. Oh, last night, a friend of mine (she's 85) stopped by with her young dog. These dogs were so bad that she almost didn't stay. Her dog was terrified! I put them in the house and we sat out back. I don't like that.

This evening the five of us went to Sage. They paid for mine, shame me for allowing that! It was so nice and I think the children enjoyed it , too. I took some pictures at the house, so did ETC. I'll try to put some on another post when I get them developed.

Tomorrow morning the four C's and Nancy, Bert and I are meeting at the nursing home to see Mother. I hope it goes well. With Mother, there are no guarantees. I'll go in with my fingers crossed.

Oh, you want to know something that's the pits? I finally found a hairdresser and now he's not there. Actually, he was Nancy's hairdresser and she turned me on to him. Well, my hair needs cutting now and he's not there! Nancy went to another girl there after work today and got a cut, I'll see it tomorrow and maybe make an appointment with her.

No comments: