Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Today actually went quite well with Mother today. We were all to meet @ Mother's at 11 this morning. I can't believe it, but I was the last to arrive. I left early, but they actually had a road crew working on 90 and there was a long stretch that was one laned. I sat first in line for what seemed like hours (probably 15 min.) and got to follow a truck with "FOLLOW ME" on its tailgate! I do believe he traveled @ around 15 mph the whole way! Anyway, I was almost 10 after 11 getting there and everybody was in the waiting room waiting!

Mother had thrown up on herself and we were to all wait until she was changed. I went back to her room twice before it was done! I wheeled her out to the little garden out back and it was so pleasant! The temperature was quite moderate and we had a little breeze. The children had room to move around and interesting things to look at. However, the little one was really taken with Mother and Mother with her! She chatted with Mother quite a bit. I think I got some good pictures of the visit! and, KC was manning their camera and I'm sure he got some good shots.

Mother really got tired rather quickly and Nancy suggested we take the children to eat and Mother thought it was a good idea. Bert wheeled her back to her room and stayed with her for a while and we all 3 car caravaned to Chrispers. Bert slipped me an envelope with money before we left the nursing home to pay for everything. They wouldn't have heard of it had it been me trying to pay, but they had to let Bert pay! He joined us a little later.

No comments: