Friday, February 08, 2008

A little progress.

I still haven't made the big move to home office. I'm told it'll be this coming Wednesday. That also is the day my skin cancer surgery is scheduled for. I've already told them and I'll have to leave an hour early on my first day there.

I am seeing progress with my office. Monday there was a desk with no drawers. Tuesday there was a stack of drawers in the corner. Wednesday the drawers were in, two don't fit too well. Thursday there was a computer on the desk and today a red leather (old) chair had been added. There is still no desk chair and everything is rather dirty. Watching this has been fun.

I really was a wreck on Monday. I didn't sleep very well over the weekend because of fretting over the move. And a fellow who is moving into the office I'm leaving was there when I got in. He's a nice guy, but sharing a phone and a computer has had it's challanges! But, when I left today I was just fine and feel sure I will be this weekend.

Those storms that ran through our midsection (our as in our country) two days ago were unreal!
So many people have lost so much. Our driver said he saw several flat bed semis carrying what looked like FEMA trailers while he was on I-10 today.

Neither of my daughers, who live on the fringes of the horrid weather paths, have posted lately. That's not really odd, we all go through spells of not posting. I'm just an ol' worry-wart, always have been and probably always will be!

I've been cutting pennies a bit finer lately. I dropped Callwave, though I loved it and dropped the call forward busy feature that I had to have from Embarq in order to use Callwave. That's going to save about $12.50 a month. Then my sister told me about a calling package that she just got with Embarq that includes local and long distance (.10 a min.!) and is $19.99 a month. So I called and changed to that and that's another $10.00 a month savings! Then I changed my newspaper subscription from 7 days a week to Sunday only. That's going to save me about $12.00 a month! So with just a few changes I'm saving ball-park about $35.00 a month! That's $420.00 a year! That's a new TV or a tank of propane! I'm going to try to put $35.00 aside each month and at least I should be able to get at least one tank of propane! If I'd quit smoking that'd be another $140.00 a month...then I could stop eating and then stop feeding the animals and stop doing electric and water and damn it, that is how it feels! The prices of things are going up so quickly and the money in the pocket isn't!

Tomorrow I'm going to try to dig the lantanas out of the front bed. They do take over and are frightfully ugly in the winter and I want them gone. I was thinking that if I can't dig them out I'll tie a rope around them and into the tingy in the trunk of my car and yank them out. We'll see, it should be fun! The weather is supposed to be wonderful, 72-75 degrees day time and high 40's night times!

Still no progress to report on the kitchen. I'm down to 2 forks, 1 plate and three bowls. I'm ready. It'll take me less than 1/2 an hour to clear it totally! Need to call my builder.

No comments: