Saturday, January 26, 2008

And yet another rainy, cold Saturday

How fortunate can one be? Another rainy and cold Saturday. My favorite kind of day at home! I think weather like this gives me permission to stay in and bundle up and cook a little and watch movies and read. And, not to go anywhere!

I worked on the kitchen both Thursday and last night. All the upper cabinets are emptied, 2 drawers are emptied and about a third of the lower cabinets are done. I've packed up all the do-dads and stuff and taken all the pictures off of the 'fridge. I'm thinking I need to empty the refrigerator, or at least clear it of all but the bare necessities. I'm going to move the coffee pot to my bathroom and the microwave to the bedroom...maybe the electric skillet, too. Wonder how long I'll have to live like this? I started packing the kitchen the end of August and here it is the end of January. Not a real calming place to say the least. The kittens love it...new mountains to climb almost daily!

One more week to go at work.

There's something I don't understand about this tax rebate thing. How in the world is it going to make any kind of long term difference if they don't also slash income taxes? This feel like a bandage on a severed limb...the blood's still going to seep out.

I filed my income tax this past week. I am getting a small return, thank goodness! Last year I didn't do my withholding at work right and had to pay $270 something. My goal is to break even, not owe and not have any of my income being used without interest for a year and then have to jump through hoops with forms to get my own money back more than a year later. There's definitely something wrong with out tax structure.

There, I'm done.

No comments: