Friday, June 01, 2007

Blue moon?

When I got home from work Wednesday I had 3 packages in my carport...2 rather big ones and one small one. The small one was a slip cover for my chair and the 2 large ones were a cast aluminum table for the patio and an umbrella for the table.

My first choice to tackle was the slip cover, boy, what a chore! Took quite a while, but it fits and does make a major difference! Yeah!

Then I drug the 47 pound box with the table in it to the patio and spent a little over 2 hours putting it together. It's square and black and sharp! The umbrella was a snap, thank goodness!

Then it was time to water my garden which is all in containers...squash, tomatoes, eggplants, cucumbers and a gazillion herbs. Got a kink in the hose and did a little flip/snap thingy to unkink it. Snapped the faucet off the house and had a MAJOR geyser of water spewing from the house to the concrete patio. My first thought was to put the faucet back in. Tried and tried, but it had broken off and there were no threads left. Got soaked and fixed nothing. Ran into the house and called my plumber...goat his answering machine on both numbers. Left a frantic message. Ran out to the water main and once I got the top off could find nothing that remotely resembled a cut off valve...just the dial spinning at top speed! Back to the phone. Called my back yard neighbor (County property appraiser) thinking he would know what to do, but he wasn't home. Called HWB, not in...called one of the guys from work, not in...called Ann, she had no ideas. Called the police. They contacted a city worker who finally came out and cut the water off at the main. Then the plumber called back and said he'd be over as soon as he jumped into his pool.

When the plumber got here it was pitch black dark and there's no light in the area where the broken pipe is. So he capped it off and said he'd send one of his guys on Thursday to replace it. And he turned the main back on.

Was hot, sweaty, tired and thirsty when he left. Went to the kitchen for water. Opened the refrigerator door to get a bottle of water out and a large plastic bowl of slaw fell out and landed upside down and splattered all over Shirley and me. Scooped Shirley up sprayed her off in the sink, put her outside and then cleaned up. What a MESS!

When I woke up Thursday morning both my cable TV and my Internet service were down. These are not connected things and of course I found this quite a puzzle. Called the cable company (on hold for almost 10 minutes), reported the outage.

Left for work early and stopped by the grocery store to get Milk Bone Dog Biscuits for Chuck (HWB's dog). The power had been out at the store and they didn't have the registers booted back up yet. Waited a few minutes, gave them some money (said to let me know if it wasn't enough) and headed to work.

The computers were down at work!

Pittled around until time to make my morning run. Was standing in line at the bank when I was hit by a migraine so bad that I thought I'd be sick right there. Made it back to work and came home early.

As soon as I was able to fall asleep the phone rand, Ann. Then the plumber came and put a heavy duty faucet on the house (total bill $95.00). Then I did sleep an hour or so.

This morning I'm better. Can still feel where the headache was, but better.

I'm blaming the full moon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some weird electromagnetic event! I had a migraine Thursday, my first in ages.