Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Baby

HWB's baby was a week old on Friday. Saturday she was hospitalized and is still there. She has blistering on her skin. I'm not sure where the blisters are as HWB has a hard time talking about it. She has not been diagnosed as of yet, though they have narrowed it down to several things...some of which are fatal and all have long-term problems, usually a much shorter life span.

There isn't even 1 pediatric dermatologist in the area and I was only able to find a small handful in the entire state. I found several hospitals that treat babies with the disorder, all far away. I feel they'll be going to Arizona or Minnesota, don't know when.

HWB told me yesterday that we'll be going to half days. He didn't say when...maybe today? It's so hot (101 yesterday, 86 at 11 last night and 78 now{6:45am}) and so dry. Business has come to a screeching halt. That's really going to hurt money-wise, though I'll love the time off!

No comments: