Sunday, September 03, 2006

Tomorrow's Labor Day

I've been off from work since noon Friday! It's been nice seeing a little stretch of day before me! We open up on Tuesday as usual.

I've actually gotten a few household chores done and it feels better in the house. Now I'm not tripping over dust mice.

Speaking of mice, I found a baby squirrel Monday morning as I was getting ready to leave for work. I'd just gone out to bring Shirley in and saw her and Goodness standing over something on the patio. Went out to get her and thought it was a baby rat, looked a little closer and it was an almost nude eyes still closed baby squirrel and it was alive. So I put it in my shirt pocket, took Shirley in and went to work.

At lunch time I went to my vet's office and got formular and a bottle. When I got back to the office the squirrel was dead. It was tiny in life, but in death it was even smaller. Died curled in a ball with his little hands over his face...smaller than a silver dollar!

When I got home I buried him in the iris garden and put a tranquility rock over him.

Yesterday I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce with marjorim, oregano, basil and garlic chives from the garden. Really good! Had some this morning for breakfast.

Went to a visitation with my sister on Wednesday. Saw some people I'd not seen for 40+ years. Wouldn't have recognized them, sure was glad Nancy was there to point folks out!

2 comments:

prentice said...

Where I come from we have dust "bunnies". I've never seen a dust mouse.

bamajane said...

Dust mice are much smaller than dust bunnies, thank goodness! Otherwise I'd been unable to walk through the house!