Sunday, August 27, 2006

An interesting and pleasant birthday

I think I was sorta dreading yesterday...not the fact of the birthday (I don't feel a day over 60!), but the going out with Mother and Bert. It turned out to be very nice with the exception of a few of Mother's tirades aimed at Bert. He didn't look well. He looked tired and was quiet. Of course, he'd just played 18 holes of golf in 90+ degree weather and had then driven with Mother down to Woodville! Maybe he deserved to be quiet!

As usual we all pigged out. Bert being the only one to finish his plate. Nancy, Mother and I all brought "planned-overs" home. For breakfast this morning I had fried grouper and french fries! For lunch it'll be fried shrimp, fried oysters, fried grouper and french fries. Then I can get back to eating normally...very little fried.

We've had a couple of good rains, one on Friday and one yesterday. It's just amazing what a difference it makes in my yard!

We are expecting Hurricane Elberto on Thursday. Since this storm formed I've had a bad feeling about it. I'm so afraid she'll go ashore in Apalachicola...and the way it's looking right now it could happen...or anywhere along the Gulf coast from Sarasota to Pensacola. This storm's going to be a big one, a catagory 3 or higher. Depending on where she lands it could really be another Katrina.

Of course I'm all stocked up...food, water, kitty litter, cat food, dog food, batteries and a battery operated fan, tv, radio, corded phone, flashlights, lanterns and lantern oil, charcoal, wood. I'll be good for a few weeks as long as something doesn't happen to the side of the house where everything's stored!

No comments: