Saturday, August 12, 2006

A hot summer day and Mother

Today was my bi-annual shopping day with Mother. What with this being my birthday month she went a little overboard. What FUN! Actually, I really, really hate shopping for clothes. I do better in a thrift shop...then I don't feel obligated to try anything on and if I find later it doesn't fit I'm not out much. But today was a try-on day. Mother always sits out in the main room and I have to model everything for her. Today I showed her one outfit and she said quite loudly "who in their right mind would wear a color like that?"...one of the sales ladies hovering near was decked out from head to toe in in! I did end up with lots of really nice things that I will wear.

I prayed all the way to her house that I would remain clam with her. She's such a buttonpusher! Our first little tiff was about who would drive. She knows I will not ride with her driving. Bert intervened and I drove. We hadn't gone 1/4 of a mile from her house when I told her I would turn the car around and take her home if she didn't settle down. She did for a little while, but I had to keep reining her in! Wow! That was like working a 40 hour week in one day!

Stopped at Walmart on the way home for cat & dog food. It's SOOOOO much cheaper there! Also got a new mouse, I'd 'bout worn the old one out!

Went to Tallahassee this morning on I-10 and came almost home on US27.
Saw a road I thought I knew and decided to take a short-cut. Enden up on US90. Boy! I zig-zagged all over Leon and Jefferson counties today! It was so hot that the air conditioner in the car was not enough and I was soaked with sweat when I finally did find home!

Had the air conditioner people out yesterday. The unit here has been freezing up and it's been really hot in the house. It cost me $121.00, but it's quite comfortable in here now. Thank goodness!

Brought home half a sandwich from lunch...think I'll go eat it and call it supper!

3 comments:

prentice said...

Hey, how exactly does one go about remaining "clam" with someone?

bamajane said...

Damn! Spell check doesn't "do" context! I'll guess that to remain "clam" with someone is to stay quite close! LOL!

prentice said...

Titter titter...