Monday, October 11, 2004

Rain, rein, reign

Funny isn't it how something that sounds the same can be so different. It's raining today from tropical storm Matthew (t.s. Nicole is far out in the Atlantic) and no matter how I reign, I can't rein the rain. This makes absolutely no sense, but somehow pleases me. I've still got that damn paragraph thing going...this may be the final screw in the hinges that are holding me together. I'm coming unglued, unscrewed, etc. Unhappy doesn't begin to describe the feelings I'm having now...faced with the prospect of...can't say it yet. Had a funny thing happen yesterday. I was standing on the back porch trying to get Shirley to jump over Mercy and come out with me. When all of a sudden, a large globby, wetish thing fell onto the top of my head. As I stood holding the door and using my foot to keep Mercy in the house and urging Shirley to jump over and out I was flinging my one free arm around trying to entice the dog, deter the cat and find out what was on my head...I bashed myself in the nose so hard that I saw stars, was sure I was going to have a nose bleed (didn't) and it hurt for hours. As I reached up to the top of my head, a very large frog jumped off of it and just sat on the water jug he landed on and appeared to laugh at my antics. The dog came out, the cat stayed in and the frog got away and we all lived happily ever after...oh, I guess that's the end of someone else's story.

No comments: