Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hot, hot, hot!!!

Gracious it's hot down here!  92, 93, 94 degrees during the days and not cooling off much at night...and this is just MAY!  Imagine August!  Also, we're not getting the rain we need, we're having 5-6 days in the 90s and then just enough rain to raise the humidity and you know how that feels.

I got outside before 8 this morning to do some work that I've been putting off because of the heat.  By 9 I was soaking wet and the color of a beet.  Thank goodness I got the front bed by the porch semi-weeded and the major limbs picked up from the yard and out to the street.  Toward the end of last week I cut back my 2 pink Knock Out roses at the back door and just left the cuttings on the patio to dry...they're so much easier to handle dry.  Got those out to the street this morning, too.

I'm really having trouble keeping my two big herb pots.  They're drying out practially before I finish watering them...perhaps I'll put them in the shade.

I'll be so thankful when the estate sales are done!  Now, because of my things I've pulled out, the living room is almost as bad as the dining room and guest room!  At least I still have a clear shot from my chair to the tv!

Leah Jane's home.  She was gone for 3ish weeks to her cousin's house in central FL.  She said the weather wasn't as severe there as it is here...go figure!  She's having Ann, Norma and me for supper and a movie one night this week.  That'll probably be the last time the four of us get together, but Ann and her 2 dogs will be staying with me for a couple of nights before her closing.  That is sure to be interesting as Jazz is really not too good with dogs other than Shirley!  We'll just have to see how it goes...

Well, it's almost 4 o'clock and the sun should be pretty much off of the patio, so I think I'll take the garbage out to the street and then water out back...I can almost hear everything begging for water!

No comments: