Sunday, March 12, 2006

Just catching up

We had another busy week at work and the boss was out of town all week so that increased the work load for my co-worker and for me. He'll be in on Mon. & Tues. of this week, but then gone again. Stands to be another busy one coming up. Huh, I can't make paragraphs. Thursday when I got home from work my dogwood trees were all in bloom...they weren't when I left for work. It was like magic! Beautiful! Still have the cherry laurels, azaleas, red buds, various bulbs & camellias in bloom, too, so it's really pretty! Met Mother for shopping and lunch yesterday. Her foot is still scabby, but no longer hurts. I drove and when we got back to her house she had forgotten her keys. Luckily she had one out in the yard, so we did get in. Poor Bert! His face is SO bruised. This was the first time I'd seen him since his surgery...told him I'd sure like to see the "other guy"! He got a chuckle from that. Found some wheat grass for the animals yesterday. It was quite expensive...$4.00 for a tiny pot of it. They do love it. Would like to find some seeds and grow it for them myself. Wonder if it's just regular wheat? Have talked with Helen every day for over a week now. She does remember some of our conversations, but not a bunch. She went to the doctor on Friday because her ribs are hurting her. He wanted to do an x-ray, but she said she was too tired and he gave her a perscription for one and made her promise to have it done and the results sent to him. She said yesterday that she's decided she doesn't need one and won't get one. I'm afraid the cancer has spread to her bones. That's the one thing we don't talk about.

No comments: