Saturday, November 13, 2004

Okay, I'll post.....

Last week I went to Apalachicola to see Prentice. It's been several years since I've seen him and this visit was the first time in many, many years that I remember just having a visit with the two of us. It was most pleasant and fun! We did a nature hike, walked all over town and met millions of folks (I exaggerate a bit) and did a whole lot of eating. Good visit! I got there on Wednesday and stayed until Friday.

Friday I went to Tallahassee to visit with Mother and to meet her new husband, Bert. Bert sure is a sweety!!!!! We did some shopping (earrings), went to a cocktail party, did a lot of running around and ate out a lot!!!!!! I gained three pounds while on this trip. I stayed in Tallahassee from Friday until Monday.

On Monday I headed back to Orlando with a very heavy heart and a rather sad mission. I had to tell Mike that I had rented a house in Drifton and had the electricity and phone contracted to be turned on next week. He may care, but he doesn't show it. He's still very sweet and I have never doubted his love for me. The alcohol is the problem...he is aware of this, but either can't or won't do anything about it. The alcohol is the reason the house is in foreclosure. He won't ever talk with me about what he plans to do. Wouldn't talk with me about it before and I had to do something. My heart breaks.

I did send some letters out for employment. Will do a lot more once I'm moved. I have movers coming on Monday (Bert's paying for them). God!!!!! I hate this!!!!! I never thought we would end up this way. I don't have plans to divorce...may need to...he ran the credit cards in my name way up while I was in N.C. and didn't pay on them. I'll have to do something.

Pray for us.

No comments: