Friday, April 01, 2011

Long time no see...

It's been months since I've posted due to multiple reasons, can't think of one right now!

Hi!  It's good to see you!

Not so sure where I left off, so I'll try to do a quick catch up.

The dining room was finished around the middle of November, had 2 chairs recovered and delivered the day before Thanksgiving, had 4 women who had no family close for Thanksgiving dinner, did nothing for Christmas and the same goes for New Years Eve.  We had a really short, but hard winter. 'bout froze my butt off!  Got a new heating/cooling system installed and noticed an immediate reduction in my electric bill!  I think we're looking at a pretty hot and early summer...well, it's already gotten up to 89 degrees 2 different days in March!  Can't believe it's already April!  Saturday was a year since Mother died.  Goodness died 3 weeks ago. I've started ripping out the nasty wall to wall carpet in my bedroom...I'm finding that a major job that really does a number on my back...slow and steady wins the race...this may take me years as I'm having to jockey around the furniture and I'm not the strongest person in the world. Plywood underneath, not sure what I'll do about that, maybe just paint it for now.  The three planter I got for the patio last summer bombed. When I dumped them out I realized why...even with 6" of rock for drainage they held much too much water and everything drowned because there were no drainage holes, so last week I drilled multiple holes in them and replanted.  One has a golden rain tree, one an althea and one a flowering plum and each is liberally sprinkled with saved marigold seeds...we'll see how that turns out.  I got 2 pumpkins for halloween/thanksgiving decorations, awfully pretty until they started rotting.  Tossed the largest one into one of the patio planters and when I dumped it the pumpkin was on the bottom of a nice rich pile of dirt.  I now have the prettiest pumpkin plants...not sure what I'm going to do with them, probably just leave them where they are and hope for a pumpkin or 2 for the season!  The yard was beautiful this spring.  Everything bloomed quite early and the storms we had this week tore all of the blossoms to smithereens.  Irises have put up bloom stalks and look very promising.  As always there is so much yard work I need to do.  Saturday my sister and I went to Tallahassee Mall very early and stood in line with many others for rain barrels.  Mine's already full!  Jazzy had her 3rd birthday on the 15th of February and it was like a switch was flipped.  She's a grown up!

There, I think I've hit most of the high (and low) points of the void in blogging, I'll post more if I think of them later.

Rosie, thank you for getting me back up and running!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad it worked!