Friday, February 02, 2007

Early Spring!

Well, Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow this morning, predicting an early Spring. Do you suppose Global Warming has anything to do with that? This has been an extremely odd winter with bitter cold and summer-like heat...with the heat predominating. Has been good for the utility bills, but everything begins to bloom and then we have a freeze! Had 3 1/2 inches of rain last night with lightning and thunder that made one think of summer! Odd, odd, odd!

Yesterday was my sister's 58th birthday. I'll be going to her house tomorrow and then we'll meet Mother and Bert at the Seine Yard at 4:00 for a SEAFOOD celebration! I always get the same thing there and have a ton to take home afterwards...plan-overs!

It's very quiet here at work this morning, HWB has been out of the country on a fishing trip for a week and Paul left yesterday for a trade show in Mobile. I had 3 deliveries scheduled for this morning and 2 of them have called to postpone their loads until Monday because of the rain last night. So our driver will have one short jaunt to Tallahassee and then he'll be off for the rest of the day...wish I were too! Didn't even have my afternoon off yesterday so today bodes long!

Leah Jane invited me to a Super Bowl party on Sunday...I begged off!!!

Had a man out Tuesday to give me an estimate on doing a fence for me.......3 legs 50' each and a couple of gates...$1,500.00! At the rate my sock drawer is filling it'll take me another 5 years to save that! I'm thinking about trying to do it myself...don't know if I can or not, but it's worth a try!

No comments: